Sunday, October 19, 2014

He's Always On My Mind

 Jaren was here for almost a year (he passed away 6 days shy of his first birthday).  So for each month of the year I have a few memories of him that stand out. They are what I have to hold on to.  I really cherish them so much!  October memories include some really fun things.  One of those is Halloween.  Jaren had been a really growl-y baby from about 5-6 months+.  So our decision to be a pirate family for Halloween was perfect. He had this little growl that was so funny!  He'd growl a lot! The times I remember him growling the most were at church.  We'd be sitting in sacrament meeting and he'd be standing on the bench between Steven and I and he'd be looking at the people behind us and growling. I think it was his way of being friendly and saying "hi". Here is a video of him swishing his sword like he knows what he's doing at our ward Halloween party.  The way he jumps in this video reminds me so much of our 11 month old, Sara, right now.  I love finding things similar between my kids. It's so fun!

And here is a good video to show you what his growl was all about. He was really having a lot of fun here!  This was when he was 7 months old at my Grandparents mission homecoming luncheon.

I love these fun memories we have of Jaren.

November is Jaren's birth month and the month of his passing. It's really bitter-sweet for me sometimes, and I get a bit emotional as the anniversary of his passing and his birthday come.  But we love to think of him.  And I'm so thankful he is ours eternally!  That's what gets me through.

Love that little boy of mine!

Love,
Mommy



3 comments:

  1. So sweet! Thank goodness for all the memories, pictures and movies to get us through! Love his cute growl! He's just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember how sweet he looked in his pirate outfit when you brought him in the credit union to say hi to everybody. LOVE that growl video!

    ReplyDelete